Research Data Management Services
Research Data Management (RDM) is the active organization and maintenance of data throughout its lifecycle--from collection to interpretation, dissemination, long-term preservation, and reuse. McMaster RDM experts are available to consult on and assist with a variety of research data management including:
- General consulting on data management needs
- Assisting researchers in creating Data Management Plans and in using the Portage Network DMP Assistant tool;
- Advising on issues related to research data storage and backup;
- Providing guidance on creating data documentation and metadata;
- Facilitating with data sharing--whether by consulting on prospective discipline-specific data repositories, or assisting with data deposit to general repositories such as McMaster Dataverse and the Federated Research Data Repository.